Paper wasps are a unique species of the vespid subfamily Polistinae that build nests from dead wood and plant stems mixed with saliva. Unlike other wasp nests, the nest of paper wasps form an umbrella shape, thus giving it its other name, umbrella wasps. The nest of paper wasps are also formed in honeycombs that the queen wasps uses to plant her larvae. The combs are not sealed so the queen wasp can feed her eggs nectar.
Similar to hornet and yellow jackets, paper wasps are an aggressive pest that attack upon the smallest threat to their nest. There are approximately 22 species of paper wasps in North America with a total of over 1,100 species found throughout the world. Paper wasps are natural predators of ants and several other pests commonly found in lawns and gardens. Many farmers have employed the use of paper wasps to get rid pests that feed on crops. Though they are viewed an unintrusive pests, they can still pose a threat to humans. Equipped with stingers, wasps can sting upon sensing threats to them or their nests. Getting rid of them from your property is the right thing to do in keeping a safe home.
Do-It-Yourself Paper Wasp Control
- Get rid of other pests on your property to discourage paper wasps from building a home near you.
- When taking down their nests, cover every inch of your body and wear gloves before sealing a bag around the nest and disposing it.
- Citrus oil extract sprays can be used on plants and other surfaces to repel paper wasps
- Eliminating paper wasp nests during its early construction is a good way to avoid a full-on infestation.
- Paper wasps are dangerous insects that are best handled by professional pest exterminators. Call now!
Get Paper Wasp Control—Fast!
- The sting of paper wasps can cause a fatal anaphylactic reaction in people with allergies.
- The nest of paper wasps are an unsightly feature on the exterior of the home.
- Paper wasps are equipped with stingers, making them dangerous insects.
Need Paper Wasp Control? Just Call Pest Control!
- Pest control providers should guarantee a paper wasp solution in a timely fashion once notified of the problem.
- Qualified pest exterminators should be able to eliminate paper wasps humanely and safely, without leaving dangerous poisons or traps around your home.
Implement Paper Wasp Control before You Get Stung
Though some may seen them as a beneficial pest, paper wasps can post serious harm to anyone living within close proximity of their nest. Paper wasps have stingers that they are not afraid to use at the slightest inkling of a threat, whether it is from other bugs or humans. Handling paper wasps can be a dangerous endeavor, which is why calling in a professional pest service company is not a bad idea.
A pest management company can offer a solution to paper wasp infestations. With professional exterminators, homeowners get the treatment that they need in order to receive the paper wasp solution they seek. The best part of hiring an experienced exterminator is that they have the knowledge and expertise to do it right from the beginning. Call a professional exterminator today!