How To Get Rid Of Ticks
Ticks belong to the arachnid family and are related to spiders and mites. They are very small insects which are usually no bigger than 2-3 millimeters. However, when they are engorged after feeding, they can sometimes reach 1 centimeter in size. Ticks are found around the world, although they usually live in areas with long overgrown grasses or in small crevices in the ground or in buildings and are therefore more abundant in forested regions and near bodies of water because many of their hosts will gather around these areas to drink. People who are concerned about how to get rid of ticks should avoid these types of wooded areas unless they are protected by a tick repellent spray.
Ticks survive by feeding off the blood of other mammals and birds. Popular hosts include humans, dogs, cats and cattle. After ticks attach to their host, they will feed on its blood anywhere from a few hours to several days. Because ticks are so small, individuals may not notice when they have been bitten by a tick. However, ticks can transmit a variety of harmful diseases from one host to another. These include Lyme disease, Q fever, Colorado tick fever and babesiosis; each of these diseases can cause serious health problems and can potentially be fatal. If you realize that you have been bitten, knowing how to get rid of ticks is important. However, it is also important to prevent contact with ticks by wearing protective clothing and tick repellent spray when outdoors.
Do-It-Yourself Tick Control
- Mowing the lawn regularly prevents ticks from finding a place to hide as they wait for a potential host to walk by.
- Place citronella candles around your home to attract and kill ticks.
- Avoid allowing your dog to roll around in fields and grass where it can attract ticks and bring them home.
- Apply rose geranium or palmerosa oils around the collar of your dog to ward off ticks.
- Ticks are a major nuisance, so get rid of them with quickness by calling a professional exterminator.
Learn How To Get Rid of Ticks—Fast!
- Ticks are parasites that can spread deadly diseases.
- Ticks are common pests across the United States.
- Physical contact transfers ticks from host to host.
Need Tick Control?—Just Call Pest Control Services
- Pest control providers should guarantee a tick solution in a timely fashion once notified of the problem.
- Qualified pest exterminators should be able to eliminate ticks humanely and safely, without leaving dangerous poisons or traps around your home.
Implement Tick Control before It’s Too Late
Ticks are blood-sucking parasites that can be found in areas across the United States. The ticks attach to the host through physical contact, and insert their mandibles and feeding tubes into the skin to suck the blood of the host. Several varieties of ticks exist and can cause serious harm to the host, particularly if the host is old or ill. Seed ticks attack animals such as horses or cattle, and can swarm in groups up to 30,000. However, if a single tick attaches to humans in common areas such as the legs and head, the tick can be very difficult to find and hard to remove after it has already attached itself to the host.
A pest management company can offer a solution to assasin bug infestations. With professional exterminators, homeowners get the treatment that they need in order to receive the assasin bug solution they seek. The best part of hiring an experienced exterminator is that they have the knowledge and expertise to do it right from the beginning. Call a professional exterminator today!