A pest control company is more than a few bug loving men and women. They are pros, experts in insects and critters. They can even be a savior, depending on your infestation. A pest control company should be a professional organization with trusted and experienced professionals who can serve any and all pest control problems you have. Whenever you need to call on one of these pest control companies, several things need to be known and kept in mind.
Tips for Selecting the Best Pest Control Company
As you look for a pest control company, rate them, inspect them and interview them. Find out what they have to offer.
- Does the company offer experienced professionals who are knowledgeable on insects and pests? You likely want a professional to come to your home, inspect it, give you an indication of what type of pest is invading and then to recommend solutions. You should be sure that the exterminators who come to your home are able to make these decisions (correctly) the first time they visit.
- Is the company insured, licensed and bonded? To protect yourself and your home, you want to ensure that the professionals that come to your home are insured themselves. Some states require licensing for businesses and service people using this type of product. Ask the company if they are licensed and bonded in the state.
- Does the pest control company offer quotes? Sometimes, you need to know what it will cost to handle your infestation first, before you agree to the service. Free quotes are available through most companies. They can even give you estimates over the phone or online, too.
- What type of guarantee or warranty do they offer? Most companies will offer a second application of chemical based products if they are necessary. Some will not. Find out what is included in the service charge. Pest control companies do use contracts. Read them and learn what the company's policies are before you agree to working with them.
- Does the company offer treatment for the type of pests you have? In addition, you may want an environmentally friendly solution. In either of these cases, simply ask the pest control company if they offer the help you need. Some companies do not handle outdoor critters, just indoor problems and insects. The more you know about the company the better.
Check out the pest control company with your local Better Business Bureau. You can also learn a lot about the company by doing some research on them online. It is important to have a full understanding of who the company is and what they can do for your particular need. Finding the right pest control company is like finding a new best friend who can rid your home of unwanted guests.