How to Get Rid of Red Ants
Each colony of red ants produces large mounds in open areas, while feeding on young plants and seeds. Fire ants have painful stings and the after effects can be deadly to some individuals. They have infested many areas of the world and have become a big nuisance to farmers and city dwellers alike.
To kill red ants without resorting to costly and poisonous chemicals, simply melt 1/2 bar of lye soap in 5 gallons of water. Pour in a circle around the mound to prevent ants from escaping, then stir them up and drench thoroughly. This will kill the ants instantly without polluting your lawn or garden, and is totally safe for vegetable gardens and pets.
Ants often build nests in potted plants and nursery containers. There are many ways for how to get rid of red ants if you have a problem. You can use sprays or poisonous foods that they will eat and take back to their nests to share. The professional pest exterminators know how to kill red ants efficiently and professionally if you have a serious fire ant problem though. Give them a call if you think it’s serious enough.
Do-It-Yourself Red Ant Control
- Pour steaming hot water on red ant mounds repeatedly over a few days to get them away from your property.
- Create a water, orange oil, and molasses solution and also pour it over red ant mounts to eliminate them.
- A solution with water and apple cider vinegar can be used to wipe down counters and areas where red ants are suspected.
- Red ants can also be eliminated through the strategic placement of boric acid baits.
- Still can't seem to get rid of red ants around your home? Call a pest exterminator who knows how to get rid of them fast and quickly!
Homeowners Need to Know How to Kill Red Ants—Fast!
- Fire ant bites can be very painful and itchy.
- Fire ant bites can easily become infected and scar, especially if scratched.
- Some species of fire ants are very aggressive and have been known to attack repeatedly.
Don’t Know How to Kill Red Ants?--Just Call a Pest Exterminator!
- Pest control providers should guarantee a red ant solution in a timely fashion once notified of the problem.
- Qualified pest exterminators should be able to eliminate red ants humanely and safely, without leaving dangerous poisons or traps around your home.
Pest Professionals Knows How to Kill Red Ants Safely and Thoroughly
Left untreated, red ants can become quite a problem for homeowners. Red ants are especially aggressive, and with their venomous stings which can cause itchy, red, swollen bites. Red ants will build their mounds in most types of soil, and, since their arrival in the United States in the late 1940s, fire ants have spread all over the U.S. In fact, in some areas with multiple red ant colonies, there may be as many as 200 or more mounds, housing 40 million red fire ants in one acre of land. Red ants can take over large areas of land, and with infestations on this scale, homeowners need to know how to kill ants.
A pest management company can offer a solution to red ant infestations. With professional exterminators, homeowners get the treatment that they need in order to receive the red ant solution they seek. The best part of hiring an experienced exterminator is that they have the knowledge and expertise to do it right from the beginning. Call a professional exterminator today!