When it comes to pest control products, it's best to always have a few handy. Pests such as ants, fleas, ticks and mice can come and go as they please, often invading your home without much warning. Once they figure out that your home provides them with shelter and food, they will hang around for as long as they can. Having the right pest control supplies on hand can help you get rid of the pests at once. After all, these guests came unwelcome.
Top 5 Must-Haves In Your Home
When looking at and comparing pest control products, be sure to focus on top-quality products. Look for the well-known brands, since these are often more effective. Nevertheless, what do you need? These are some of the pest control supplies you will want to have nearby.
- Springtime Lawn Products: In the spring, you may put down weed and feed for your grass, but you also need to use a granular insecticide product, especially if your home has been the target of pests in the past. This product stops the pests long before they make their way into your home.
- Home Defense Products: These create a barrier around your home, ensuring that ants, termites and other insects do not get into your home. They are applied as a prevention tool, but they can also work well after an infestation occurs.
- Insecticide Sprays: You may find a larger group of insects in your yard or, even worse, your home. You can--and should--use an insecticide spray to kill them off. These products are also effective for mosquito control because they kill insects upon contact, keeping you from long-term infestations and immediate problems.
- Flea Products: If you have a pet in your home, you need flea pest control products. Treatments are not necessary to use if you use a preventative tablet or spray given to you by your vet. These products are often the most helpful at preventing an infestation.
- Good Old-Fashioned Bleach: Keeping your home clean and free from dander, oil, food, residue and debris is one of the best ways to keep pests at bay. Bleach can help to clean away bacteria, too, which is another form of pests!
Most of these pest control products are easily found. If you are unsure about any of them, or would like recommendations on specific brands, you can contact your local pest exterminator to request the information. Pest control supplies like these protect you, your loved ones, and your home.